SEE WHAT’S CHANGING IN 2021
From 2021, the way you employ temporary migrant workers will change. Immigration will be:
- Introducing a new visa which replaces 6 current visas
- Bringing in accreditation for all employers hiring migrant workers on the new visa
- Removing 2 existing employer schemes, and
- Tailoring visa policies to recognise 3 distinct labour market situations across New Zealand
The new temporary work visa will replace these existing visas:
- Essential Skills Work Visa (including those that are Approved in Principle)
- Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa
- Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa
- Silver Fern Job Search Visa, and
- Silver Fern Practical Experience Visa.
From 2021 you must be accredited to employ migrants on the new temporary work visa. Accreditation under the new policy will be different from under the current Talent Accredited policy.
DON’T LEAVE EMPLOYER ACCREDITATION TO THE LAST MINUTE – TALK TO US NOW
At NZimmigration.net we can help your business become ready for accreditation. Immigration will look at factors such as your financial position, your human resources policies and processes, your commitment to training New Zealanders and look to see if you have good workplace practices before approving you as an accredited employer. We can assess your eligibility, identify any gaps, recommend any necessary changes, and facilitate the application process and increase the chances of a favourable decision to become an accredited employer.